Well, we've decided on August 8th to get married. And for those of you following the Olympics, you know that is less than 100 days from today. I am starting to see how insane it is to plan a wedding in such a short amount of time. Just crazy.
One of my friends said to me that the benefit would be that the associated stress would be condensed into a shorter period. Having a longer engagement would not mean less stress, but rather an extended period of stress. Oddly, there is quite a bit of consolation in that.
This past week has been whirlwind. John and I hired Karen Caskey of An Impressive Event (www.animpressiveevent.com) to do our wedding planning. Once we made the decision to hire her, a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I feel like I'm some upper class snob for having a wedding planner, but knowing the stress basket Type-A personality that I have, I need to have professional help (and we're not talking psychiatric). My mom's retired and can help out, but having someone with connections is amazingly crucial. Especially with this short time frame. Karen has been super on top of it since we first contacted her for a consultation. I contacted her on Tuesday during my lunch hour and by the time I checked my e-mail when I got home, I had several e-mails from her about locations and other professionals that were available for our date. I have been so impressed with her service so far.
And relieved. I know that I can survive the wedding planning with her assistance. She's budget conscious and is also able to grasp our vision for the wedding and run with it. That's a relief, to say the least.
We're going to be reviewing some cost comparisons this weekend and choose a reception venue. Once that's decided, I think I can finally choose the wedding colors. I hadn't given much thought to the colors since I wasn't planning on having attendents. But the decorations, invitations, and mothers' dresses are all dependent upon this choice.
With Karen's help, things will come together very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment