My friend and I met this morning for study and decided to make it a time of prayer rather than go through our study. I came across this prayer in Ruth Myers' book 31 Days of Prayer: Moving God's Mighty Hand. It was such a blessing to me and my friend, that I thought I would share it with you.
Day 4: Pray for Wisdom and Guidance
Dear Lord, how generous and powerful you are! Able to listen to and help everyone in the world at the same time. What a wonderful Master to belong to! And thank You for revealing Your promises, commands, and principles, so that Your Spirit can guide me in my praying and my living.
I come to You now, asking You for greater and understanding in spiritual things. May I know what You want for me in the important decisions I am facing. Give me on-the-spot wisdom in conversations and in immediate decisions. In such decisions enable me to quickly commit them to You and trust You to help me say and do the right thing. Keep reminding me to do this, both at home and elsewhere so that I won't depend on my own understanding.
Guide me in the long-range decisions I'm facing. Help me seek the Holy Spirit's enlightenment from Your Word. Help me as I weigh the possibilities, then conclude the right steps to take and the right time to take them. How much I need Your wisdom and guidance!
I pray now about some special decisions I have regarding _________ and __________. And guide other believers, near and far, in the decisions they are facing - especially _________ and _________. As our Shepard, lead us in good paths, in paths that please You.
Again, I praise You for Your wonderful wisdom and power and Your deep desire for my highest good - each day and throughout my life.
Ruth Myers used the following scriptures (by paragraph) to compose this prayer.
Psalm 145:6-7; 16-19
Colossians 1:9-11, NCV; Psalm 37:5; Proverbs 3:5-6
2 Chronicles 20:12
Psalm 33:3; 143:8-10
Isaiah 55:8-9; Ephesians 3:20; Romans 8:28-29
I was given this book by a dear friend and I go to it often when I can't find the right words to pray to God. Ruth Myers has written several books on praying God's Word and each are powerful and helpful.
I hope that they bless you as much as they have me.
No comments:
Post a Comment