Well, we've been pretty productive the past few days and some decisions have been made. I've always loved to cross things off of my To Do List, but now, it's just such a thrill. One less thing to think about. Yippee!
On Friday, John brought home some sample books of wedding invitations and we searched for our invitation. While watching some taped episodes of Survivor, I searched online and came across an invitation that we both agreed on. The next morning, we chose the wording for our invitation.
We took a look at Wildhorse on Monday and it's a location that could work for what we want. The best part about the venue is their events coordinator, Susan. She's obviously interested in making sure everything is done to meet her clients' expectations. With menus, decor, and every little detail, she's willing to work with you. She's good about keeping in touch with her clients, which is extremely helpful when you have a time sensitive question.
We're still looking at a few other locations to see what other options we have, but we're getting somewhere.
On Monday, I was concerned that we would have to move our wedding date because we hadn't found a photographer. By Tuesday afternoon, Karen had three leads and they all look pretty promising. One is a photographer that a friend in my Bible study had heard about. That was definitely an answer to prayer.
As whirlwind as it has been, I haven't gotten too overwhelmed (yet). Karen has been setting up appointments so that John and I can meet the florist, photographer, and baker and get to know their work. Cake tasting is just around the corner!! Woo woo!
John and I have spent the week going back and forth about the color of the wedding. We settled on red and now I'm starting to think, maybe it should be a different color, or a variation of red. Or maybe the florist can tell me what would look good on an August evening. I have no idea and I'm too lazy to research it out. My mom found a great floral website: http://www.fiftyflowers.com/ and I've been checking out In Style Weddings' website and falling in love with their floral arrangements.
Along with all of the wedding day planning, John and I have been coming up with ideas for the honeymoon. We've decided to drive up the coast of California, but we haven't settled on the locations yet. More on that later, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment