After a small hiatus from wedding planning, this weekend has been one dedicated to the details. Slacker bride no more!
Saturday, my mom and I met with Brandi of Party Petals (http://www.partypetalsfloral.com/) to review the floral vision of the wedding. Sounds fancy, huh? When we arrived, Brandi had this gorgeous bouquet sitting in a vase and I just fell in love with it. While maintaining a monochromatic look, she managed to get variety and texture within the bouquet. It looks gorgeous! I have seen so many bouquets that are either one flower (kind of blah) or they are multi-colored (not as formal), but nothing that has this sort of look, so I am very happy. I had found a boutonniere style that In Style Weddings had featured, but when I brought the sample home, I didn't get an overwhelming response from John, so we may go the traditional route.
Thinking back on it, I'm not sure what kind of response from him would have been appropriate. It's a flower! I doubt most grooms give much thought to whether a boutonniere looks masculine or is cleverly different. It's funny how one can put so much thought into a small detail and how it would most likely be overlooked by the guests of the wedding and anyone viewing the photos.
Speaking of photos, we met with Cynthia of Everlasting Images yesterday and got to see some of her samples up close. Most of them are posted on her website: http://www.myeverlastingimages.net/. We haven't had a chance to see samples of her indoor shots, but we like the work that we've seen so far. Cynthia will be forwarding indoor shots later this week so we should be able to make a decision and get another vendor committed.
I just realized how much needs to be decided in the next coming weeks and it's a little overwhelming. Of course, Karen has been reminding me of the important decisions and helping me keep on task.
Later today, I'll be attending a Bridesmaids' Luncheon my friend is hosting for her bridal party, which will be great. I can't believe Emily's wedding is just two weeks away!
Have a great Memorial Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment