The search for a photographer will probably be more problematic than finding a dress. At least with a dress, I can do a rush order. But a photographer can only be at one place at one time. And since I picked a date that's four months away, I may not have the options I was hoping for.
The trend right now is to go with a photojournalist, someone who can capture moments and emotions in one shot. They focus more on the moments than they do on the portraits. John and I aren't the most photogenic people. And with the weight gain during our courtship, I think we'll need someone who can make us look great and relaxed.
http://www.sarahmarenphotography.com/ Karen Caskey, the wedding coordinator we met with, recommended her. She has this wonderful edgy style. Offbeat and fun. It really comes across in the pictures.
http://www.jacquelinephotography.net/ Another photographer that Karen recommended. She has a more romantic and sensual eye for things. I'm not sure we would be the best subjects for her to work with, though.
http://www.brianganyophotography.com/ A friend of mine said that he attends our church and thought I might be interested in checking him out
http://www.brianlowenthal.com/ My friend is using him for her wedding. He has a more traditional style.
John mentioned that I should probably just have my cousin, Zahira, come out and do the photos, since she has a great eye and can really get things going, but I would rather have people I know enjoy the day rather than work.
I've asked Karen if she knows of other photographers, so I'll keep you updated on the search.
No comments:
Post a Comment