... addicted to Facebook.
That's the main reason for the month long hiatus from my blogging. Well, that's the one that I'll admit to.
Quite honestly, I haven't felt like there's much to write about. My life is pretty boring. Banal, at best. I watch TV, spend time with my husband, and avoid cleaning the house. John and I joined a gym earlier in the fall and even took up a spin class.
Spin class seems to be a topic that impresses people. I have only comments from others that make me feel like some exercise guru Adonis. Most people I talk to - including my marathon running brother - say they are too scared to take a spin class. They imagine some instructor yelling at you to go up that imaginary hill and work your legs to the point where Jello looks like it has a human counterpart. Before we took the class, I had the same expectation.
I went into it planning on being a total slacker - the kid in the back of the class doing the absolute minimum but looking like I want to participate. I went expecting to find a militant instructor who got her jollies from yelling at people until they cried or barfed from the pain. I went with a little hope that I would be kicked out of the class. I would be a rebel. Yeah, that's right. Me, a rebel.
Well, as time has gone by, all I have gotten from spin class is a supportive instructor who wants to make sure that I have the right form on the bike. And a super sore butt. I swear I've broken my tail bone through my padded riding shorts that John encouraged me to buy. It took me three weeks to get to a point where I could actually participate along with the class' routine and follow along. Three long butt sore weeks.
I honestly don't know how people do it. I hurt for days afterwards. I haven't seen any results on the scale or in my clothes, so I'm really not loving the class right now. Hopefully, I'll hit a groove because it is infinitely easier to go to the gym with a workout buddy.
When we're ditching out on the gym, I'm scouring Facebook for fun. When John's away on a long bike ride, when I'm bored, while I'm watching TV, I have the laptop open and am checking out the site. It seems obsessive, but I've reconnected with old friends and am finally feeling like I am getting to know my cousins. This is what I really enjoy about the website. Seeing photos and peeking in on their daily lives. There are so many applications, games, groups, and things you can do on the site that you can waste oodles of hours. Needless to say, I have fun.
I even created a group in the hopes that my brother would join the system. John said he already talks to the people he wants to, so he's going to be a challenge. Maybe one day.
Until then, Facebook and blogging will be my thing. And hopefully, I'll have something exciting to talk about.
For those of you who were so wonderful and answered my plea for Mother's Cookies, thank you! I have a hubby who has happily stashed his Iced Oatmeal cookies. And the pink and white parade of animal crackers have satisfied many a belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment